Thai Style prawn skewers
- 12 prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 Tblsp coconut milk
- ¼ capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tblsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 Tblsp rice wine vinegar
- Juice of two limes
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 4 tblsp vegetable oil
- Pinch of cumin
- 1 - 2 green chillies
- ½ tsp sambal olek
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- Combine all ingredients, excluding the coconut milk and prawns, to make the marinade. Stir through the prawns and leave to marinate for 30 minutes. While prawns are marinating, soak the skewers in water to prevent burning when cooking.
- Thread marinaded prawns onto skewers and reserve the excess marinade.
- Add coconut milk to the marinade and bring to the boil, then reduce and simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Grill prawns on a hot pan or BBQ plate and serve with the sauce drizzled over.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes