- 250g shortcrust pastry
- 1 Tblsp butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 150ml cream
- 150ml milk
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 55g chedder cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200ºC on base heat function.
- Place enough short crust pastry to cover and line a 20cm quiche pan. Chill until firm (about 10 minutes), pierce the base with a fork and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the oven to 150ºC on fan and base element.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the onion. Cover with greaseproof paper and with the lid on, cook over a low heat until the onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook over medium heat for a few more minutes, until the bacon is cooker but not brown. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Mix together the milk, cream, cheese and eggs. Cover the base of the quiche with the onion and bacon and pour the egg mixture into the pie case until almost full.
- Bake on the bottom shelf for about 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, remove from the quiche pan and serve on a platter.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes