Little Blackberry Puddings
- 120g unsalted butter
- 120 g castor sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g self-raising flour
- A little milk
- 300g frozen blackberries or berries of your choice, plus ⅔ cup extra berries
- 2 Tblsp caster sugar
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 160ºC on fan forced function.
- Butter 10 small ceramic cups.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Fold the flour into the mixture, adding sufficient milk to form a dropping consistency.
- Cover the base of each mould with a layer of berries. Divide the pudding batter evenly among the moulds. Cover with aluminium foil, sealing tightly around the edges. Place the cermic cups in a baking dish and fill the baking dish ⅔ of the way up the sides with hot water.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the puddings are cooking, place the extra berries, castor sugar and water in a small saucepan, bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes until the liquid is slightly reduced. Allow to cool slightly then using stick mixer, blend the berries into a coulee.
- The mixture for the puddings will have risen and be spongy to the touch.
Preparation time: 15minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes