Greek Spinach and Cheese Pie
- 250g baby spinach
- 400g feta, crumbled
- 400g ricotta, crumbled
- ½ bunch spring onions, chopped
- ¼ cup mint, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 14 sheets filo pastry
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup rice bran oil
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180ºC using base fan oven function.
- Blanch spinach till wilted. Drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, mix together spinach, feta, ricotta, spring onions, mint, eggs, nutmeg and pepper.
- Melt butter and rice bran oil in a small saucepan.
- Grease a baking dish measuring 25cm x 35cm.
- Trim filo to fit baking dish.
- Brush a sheet of filo pastry with the oil and butter and place in the baking dish. Repeat with seven more sheets of filo pastry.
- Spread filling into baking dish evenly.
- Brush the remaining 6 sheets of filo pastry with butter and oil and place on top of filling. Sprinkle top of pie with sesame seeds.
- Bake in oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes