Chorizo and Cheese Puffs
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60g butter
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs ¼ cup chives, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 180ºC on fan force function.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Finely dice chorizos and fry in olive oil in a pan until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Place butter, water and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. As soon as the water is boiling, add the flour all at once and beat with mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Reduce the heat to low and beat until the dough pulls away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball. Stir over heat for two minutes to dry the dough slightly. Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add one egg to the dough and beat really well until incorporated and smooth. Repeat with remaining egg. Stir in chorizo, chives and mozzarella.
- Using 2 dessert spoons, place dollops of mixture onto baking trays. Sprinkle dough with a little water to help puffs produce steam.
- Bake for 20 minutes until puffed and golden and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes