Chewy Salted Caramel Chocolates
- 250g white sugar
- 250ml double cream
- 60ml liquid glucose
- 30g butter
- 200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tsp sea salt
- Place the sugar, cream, glucose, butter and 3 tsp of sea salt in a heavy based saucepan, stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium-high and boil until the mixture reaches 118 degrees C on a thermometer, or boil for 7 - 8 minutes.
- Divide among 24 lightly buttered mini-muffin moulds, filing each mould until ¾ full. Allow to stand until firm, 3 - 4 hours.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, spoon over each caramel and stand until set.
- Remove from the moulds and store in a single layer in a baking paper lined airtight container for up to 5 days.
Preparation time: 3-4 hours
Cooking time: 8 minutes