Butternut Pumpkin and Feta Twist
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups self- raising flour, sifted with a pinch of salt
- 60g cold butter, chopped
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary, plus extra sprigs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 200ºC on fan forced function.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss the pumpkin with a little oil and place on the baking tray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Change oven function to base heat and fan.
- Mash ⅔cup of the pumpkin, set aside the rest.
- Place flour and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and using fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Add the mashed pumpkin, feta and chopped rosemary, and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre, add the butternut and using a knife stir until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently to form a rectangle. Cut the dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece into 4cm thick logs. Place onto prepared tray and plait together. Top with reserved extra pumpkin, rosemary sprigs and press lightly into the dough. Brush with a little extra buttermilk and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve with butter.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes